Let start by saying this, in this case, online research and REALITY are NOT the same! In this area, what is written online is NOT reality at all! The first week we were in Sebring FL, using my online info and my iPhone as our guide we went 7/7 that the info I had was wrong in some major way! Either the address was no longer valid, GPS location on my mapping app was misplaced and thus took us to the wrong place, or the days open listed were false. Something major was always wrong so we moved into a mode of calling before we went!
My Sebring and Surrounding Area Research and out real life visit results:
•City on the Circle – Circle Drive •Downtown historic district was really beautiful!!
•Highlands Hammock State Park – 4 miles west of Sebring – hammocks and cypress swamps – we did not get to visit yet.
•Lake Jackson – Sebring’s main lake has The Pink Lady hotel began in 1928- Harder Hall collectibles closed 1986 •Kenilworth Lodge has never closed maybe go to lunch here one day.
•Check on book of Sebring History made of vintage photos + Dinner Lake + little Lake Jackson •Raceway •Sebring Amtrak Train – National Historic Places – can still take train to Miami or Tampa??
• Lake Placid nearby Caladium Elephant Ear (98%) Capital of World; Town of Murals (40) photos!!
We loved Everything about Lake Placid!!!
•Avon Park – City of Charm named After Stratford upon Avon, England & is famous for it’s citrus
• Broken Spoke Flea Market on Main St (in a different location than given online)
• Bartow Flea Market US 17 South 2 miles south of SR60 on 17S (never found)
We went, we enjoyed, we will go again:
• Brandon • Bradenton Red Barn Flea Market 1701 1st E. Bradenton, FL 914–747-3794 Open Wed, Sat, Sun 8-4 Over 650 • Bradenton Roma Flea Market Sat Sun 904-756-9036
• Lake Wales – North of Avon Park
• has Sunshine Flea Market. In this case the online info was correct! It got Excellent reviews for it’s produce, food court, live music, have a little bit of everything! Every F S S 8-4 – 24200 Hwy 27
We went twice and will go again in the future enroute to destinations farther north toward Orlando/ New Haven/ Kissemmee
•Okeechoobee Gateway to South FL • Market Place Flea Market every F S S 8-4 w/ 300-500 dealers
We went on a Friday and nothing was open!!! False advertising was also posted on the sign out front! A BUST and we won’t be going back!
Need to check out next year:
• Kissimmee – Osceola Littler Trading Post Flea Market w/ 170-270 dealers. F S S – 8-3 • has Christmas display until Jan 8 in Flager Park has largest festivals in February Speckled Perch Festival (fishing town) But this has Arts Crafts Seminole booths of bright crafts
Never got to visit but maybe next time:
•End of Lake Wales Ridge which is a chain of ancient islands that have many rare plants and animals